Your safety is a primary concern. In addition to intensive security measures conducted by LDS Singles, there are a few important things to keep in mind as you look for your perfect connection:
• Watch out for scams — Keep your guard up for suspicious requests or unorthodox offers. Be wary of overseas or long-distance relationships, members who try to move the conversation off of the site right away, or those who refuse to have a phone/video call. If you are sent a message that indicates interest from someone other than the profile owner, please cease communication with that member and report the profile to our Customer Care team. Learn how to report a user
• Don't click on links — Use caution and common sense when a link is received through on-site messaging, especially if it will take you off-site.
• Pay Attention to the Sender— Be careful when viewing email messages sent to your personal email address. Check the sender's email address to determine that you're communicating with your intended sender, even on notifications that appear to be from us.
• Keep your information private — Never send anyone personal information including passwords, personal email addresses or your physical address.
• Never send money — No matter what someone says, there is never a reason to send anyone money. If you’re asked to send money to another user, report it to our Customer Service team.
• Meet in a public place — If you decide to meet someone, have the date in a public place and arrange your own transportation. It’s also smart to make sure someone knows where you are and what time you should be done.
• Trust your instincts — If you haven’t met your match in person after a month of online communication, he/she may be "too good to be true" and it’s time to browse elsewhere.